The secret to a healthy body and an active mind.
The secret is, that the time you allocate to work on yourself, should be used to simultaneously work on the body as well as the mind.
While every new technique out in the market makes tall promises, and it’s hard to know who or what is really the best for you, the power here is, this is not new. It may be new to you, but it has been TIME-TESTED for thousands of years, using ancient wisdom adapted to modern times. That is why “Yoga in a Weekend” training is going to be the last training program you need for a sustained home Yoga practice for the rest of your life. With the thorough guidance you’ll receive in the live sessions, and the training guide that you’ll receive as bonus, you can easily integrate the practices learned, in your daily life.
What This Is NOT...
(This Is NOT Your Typical,
One-size-fits-all, Unsafe "Yoga Class”)
One-size-fits-all, Unsafe "Yoga Class”)
Even after doing for 2 - 3 hours, I didn’t feel exhausted
This is the first time I am taking a Yoga session. I was looking for relaxation, stretching exercises, and being able to exercise without strain on my body. Even after doing these and breathing techniques for 2 - 3 hours, I did not feel stressed or thirsty. I didn’t feel exhausted, yet I felt the stretch happening.
Senthil, Software Engineer, Bengaluru, India
Here is What This
Is Really About...
Is Really About...
I saw Shanthi making a COMPLEX thing so very SIMPLE.
I’m NOT a person who is practicing Yoga, but it fascinated me. I saw her (Shanthi) making a COMPLEX thing so very SIMPLE. I see it being of use to people who want to improve their flexibility, who have other medical problems…develop better range of motion and strengthen themselves. I can see a tremendous Body-Mind-Spirit connection.
Dr. Yajnaraman (Cardiologist), NJ, USA
What is the investment for Yoga-Saaram for the entire group?
This course is unique, authentic, easy and practical…
- You practice affirmations with every pose for maximum benefits
- You do the posture as Yogic exercise first before holding it
- Every practice is taught mentioning physical, mental, intellectual, social, as well as spiritual benefits
- There is a variety with: chant, warm-up exercises, breathing exercises, Yoga postures and proper breathing techniques
- Your understanding and experience progresses in every hour of the training
- Every movement is done synchronizing it with the in-breath or out-breath. It is completely authentic.
- The practice is NOT just exercises. The session begins with guided meditation, and ends with guided deep relaxation. You also relax between postures.
- For every practice, you learn the name in the Yogic language of Samskritam, the word meaning, and why it is named so.
- Since Yoga means “Union” with everything and everyone around, an authentic practice must provide the condition for realizing this. This training spells out those thoughts to emphasize this universal connection.
- You are made to observe and share the effect in your body while learning Yogic breathing and other practices
- You get the basic understanding of Yoga
- To encourage reverence for all things around, which will ultimately lead to oneness, thoughts on what nature teaches us is shared as relevant to the context, making it totally educational.
- You learn variations of a practice so that you can do to the extent you can
- To make it easy for you to do the correct hand and leg position in any practice, the teacher does as a mirror reflection of you, so that you don’t have to figure out which side the teacher does, and which side you have to do.
- Every practice is taught as an individual unit of 1 or 2 minutes, and repeated at least 2 times over the training so that you can remember it
- You are taught the fundamentals in every practice so that you never get confused
- Learning how to do an hour long Yoga practice does not make it practical, because, in the busy life these days, it may be hard to get an hour at a stretch to invest in yourself.
- So this training teaches you how to snatch 1 or 2 minutes to invest in yourself
- You learn how to integrate every practice into your busy life
- In case your body does not allow you to do physical movements on a certain day, or you have less time, you can still do some practice whether it is the 2 minute meditation or 1 minute breathing practice depending on how much time you have.
- Since every posture is an independent unit, you can choose any posture and do it on your own any time.
- You can appreciate and practice on your own only if your understanding is thorough. The training is structured to make it possible. Just by looking at the several bullet points above, you can understand the thoroughness of the training.
- You learn the general Do’s and Don’ts before and during practice for your own safety
It does not matter how many poses we do, it matters how much we understand
During every posture we learned how the stretch happens, how it interacts with the internal organs, how the blood flows, and what benefits it’s going to give, which is very important when one does yoga. It is helping me to improve my confidence level.
We were able to relate the poses with real time things and get the positive qualities of them. That helps us to feel that we are part of Earth and how we are interrelated and this actually makes us to understand things in a different way. Every posture actually was very complete.
I think this is the right way to learn Yoga. It does not matter how many poses we do, it matters how much we understand and we do.
Kartikayan, Software Engineer, Bangalore, India
Outcome from practicing Yoga...
While the main goal of practicing Yoga is union with the higher power and with the existence, below are some side benefits...
You get your exercise and not even realize it’s happening.You lose weight without sweating.
Regulates Thyroid Glands
The entire body begins to work well. It helps with menstrual problems.
A New Experience
You experience Yoga poses through many different layers. You extract its essence to the maximum.
You’ll learn techniques and secrets that you will not learn anywhere else
It shapes the body, adds glow to the skin, and helps stay youthful. It is a practical way to feel beautiful inside-out
Attempting to slow down the breath in every movement develops patience
You appreciate everything around like mountains and trees. You realize your role in the world.
Focusing on the incoming and outgoing breath as you move, is an easy way to improve attention. It benefits those with A.D.D
Takes you from an unfulfilled and “something missing” state to a fulfilled and “Feeling complete” state.
Creativity and Expression
You learn to connect to your inner being and to be in the moment. This allows your creative juices to flow.
Balances the right brain and the left brain while allowing movement of the body. It is a blessing if you sit and work most of the day.
Connection to Nature
You become objects and beings in nature and feel their pulse through Yoga poses.
It stops you from reacting to situations, allows you to pause, and think how to respond
Whether it is meditation or following values or serving selflessly, you connect to your inner being, which reduces ego
You stay in the present watching how your body feels, how your breath flows, and how your thoughts pass by. All these improve awareness.
The more you connect to your inner being,the more you experience the joy within
I came to know A LOT about traditional Yoga today
Nowadays we hear that Yoga is like aerobics. I came to know a lot about traditional Yoga today. I came looking for flexibility. I learned about breathing exercises and how relaxing they can be. Even though I had learned some of these poses before, I did not know how to do them with the right breathing. Now I know…
Ambily, Software Engineer, Bengaluru, India
"Yoga-Saaram: Ancient Yoga in its Pristine & Purest Form" is Valuable...
Before, I didn't know the reason or science behind the Yoga poses. Now I know...
I feel very happy I took the initiative to attend. I have taken Yoga classes earlier, some in Germany and some in India, but these classes are different. Before I was doing Yoga poses, but I didn’t know why. I didn’t know the reason or science behind them. These poses I learned before in other Yoga sessions, but I didn’t know the use or how to do it perfectly. Now I know.
Phani Krishna, Software Engineer, Bengaluru, India
Yoga for Empowerment, Healing and Happiness
In this course, you will receive the 3 “T”s based on the time-tested ancient wisdom through Shanthi, a rare Yogini, born and raised in India, the birthplace of Yoga. She has studied Vedanta(The basis for Yoga), Samskritam(The language of Yoga), and Indian dance (A minor stream of Yoga called “Naatya Yoga”).
In "Yoga in a Weekend", she will take you on a fun, unique and authentic journey of higher vibrations, starting from the physical body, meandering through mental, intellectual and social planes, and finally culminating in spirituality.
This training is like NO OTHER and opens the door to your inner portals, the abode of TRUE EMPOWERMENT, HEALING and HAPPINESS.
Shanthi's Personal Journey ...
For the past 14 years, Shanthi Yogini, living in Rhode Island, USA, having transitioned from her software profession, has been a Yoga-Liberator, working to liberate Yoga from being chained to mere poses. Through her "Liberate Yoga! Liberate You!" movement, she is training Yoga-teachers who can teach Yoga in a way so as to liberate people from all forms of limitations and unhappiness. She is the founder of “Yoga for Happiness Academy” which serves thought leaders and leaders-in-the making both online and in person.
The Yoga practice and tradition have been passed down through generations to Shanthi. The whole tree of Yoga inclusive of Samskritam (Sanskrit), meditation, dance, and chanting, has been her way of life since she was 5 years old.
Through the above practices,
- She experiences inner peace, more awareness and focus
- She has developed self-confidence and public-speaking skills.
- She has enhanced her creativity, which has resulted in this unique Yoga training.
- As her students quote, she is able to live her entire life in a spiritual way.
- Shanthi has passion for Samskritam language and at home she converses purely in Samskritam with her daughter. Shanthi and her daughter teach conversational Samskritam to youth and adults.
- While working in computer software, it was the wisdom presented in this training that gave her the clarity of vision and life purpose. With this new-found clarity and focus, she was inspired to transition from her software profession to sharing this wealth of wisdom with the world, thus moving from a “Something Missing” state to a fulfilled and “Feeling Complete” state.
- Shanthi was able to come out of a state of negative emotions and stay immersed in joy for 98% of time
- This bonus helps you remember everything learned in the training
- It motivates you to incorporate the practices in your life
- It stops you from giving excuses for not practicing
- It helps you to feel confident in your practices
- It ensures that you are doing the practices correctly
- This bonus addresses your safety
- This is something rarely addressed in typical Posture classes
- You learn the best time and place to do your practice
- You learn the best food to eat before practice
- You learn the best way to do a Yoga practice
- In all, you learn the precautions before and during Yoga practice
I learned why we hold the posture, something not taught in other classes
Deb, Yoga Student, Rhode Island, USA