Dates & Syllabus
Training Dates & Location
Start Date: Aug 5 (Friday 9 AM)
End Date: Aug 24 (Sunday 6 PM)
Timing: 9 AM - 6 PM
Location: Yoga for happiness Academy, 11, Bristol Ave, Pawtucket, RI - 02861
For ONLINE Training options, click on that option above
Online Training dates:
We are officially opening the program on August 5th. You will receive your first 30 minute video training on that day. Of course you can join any time.
Topics covered in the Authentic Yoga Training & Yoga Teacher Training
Yogic Loosening Exercises & Breathing Exercises (Yoga-Shitiliikarana Vyaayaamah & Shvaasa Vyaayaamah )
Body Mastery Postures (Kaaya-Patya Aasanam)
Mind Mastery Postures (Mano-Patya Aasanam)
Intellect Mastery Postures (Mati-Patya Aasanam)
Meditation Postures (Dhyaana-Aasanam)
Chakram-Activating Postures (Chakra-Preraka Aasanam)
Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskaarah:)
Life Force Controlling Technique (Pranaayaamah:)
Meditation and Chanting (Dhyaanam / Naada-Yoga)
Yoga of Dance (Naatya Yoga)
Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
Understanding the student learning process
Prioritizing & Time management
Sequencing, Theme Setting and Class Structure
Qualities of a teacher
Raaja Yoga & Hatha Yoga
Code of Conduct for Yoga teachers
Yoga Teaching as a Responsibility and a Service
Karma Yoga Practice
Study of Yoga texts
Nature of Universe
Yogic Cooking Demo & Yogic Eating
The Anatomy of the Body, Breath and Energy
Friday, August 5 - Day 1
Focus Areas: Understanding REAL Yoga, Application and Purpose of Yoga Postures, Practice Guidelines, Yoga Origins, Yogic Exercises & Breathing Exercises
Saturday, August 6 - Day 2
Focus Areas: Yoga History & 4 Major Streams, Yoga postures, Breath is life
Sunday, August 7 - Day 3
Focus Areas: Yoga postures, 4 Stages & Classes in Life, Raaja Yoga, Breath is Life
Monday, August 8 - Day 4
Focus Areas: Yogic Exercises & Breathing Exercises, Mind Power & Mind Mastery, Yoga postures, Breath is Life
Tuesday, August 9 - Day 5
Focus Areas: Recap of Yoga Exercises & Poses, Recap of Yoga Fundamentals, Recap of Breath is Life
You will leave the 5 day workshop feeling confident in the following:
- The fundamentals of Yoga, its origins & history
- The 4 major streams of Yoga, more detail on Raaja Yoga & Hatha Yoga
- Karma Yoga through 4 stages and 4 classes in Indian life
- Yoga as a science & Fundamentals of Yoga postures
- The working of the mind and how to master it to feel peaceful within
- Various breathing stages leading to full Yogic breathing, learning to expand the lungs, breathe better and to control of the life force (Prana)
- Practice Guidelines for Yoga
- Yoga practices to keep your spine , Neck, Shoulders and limbs flexible, to feel grounded, self-confident and to maintain inner and outer balance
- How to maintain a regular practice starting from 5 minutes to 1 hour for better health and spiritual growth
Day 6 – Wednesday, August 10
Focus Areas:– Chakram, Nadi, Chakram Activation Practices, Neck, Shoulders & Yoga, 5 airs, What is Pranah: & Pranayamah:?
Day 7 – Thursday, August 11
Focus Areas: Purpose & Role of Meditation in Yoga practice, Use of Japa Maalaa (beads) and Chanting, Meditation Basics & Guidelines, Yoga Postures for Meditation, Guided Meditations & their application to life, Role of Yogic eternal values (Yamah: & Niyamah: ) in meditation
Day – Friday, August 12
Focus Areas: Significance of Sun, 8 Individual Yoga Postures in Sun Salutation, Definition of Yoga as given by various Yoga Texts, Sun Salutation Sequence
Day 9 – Saturday, August 13
Focus Areas: Role of food in mind-body Wellness, Impact of various food items, Cooking Demo, Digestion and Yoga
Day 10 – Sunday, August 14
Focus Areas: Evolving to Conscious Eating, Creating Individual Conscious Eating Plan, Cooking Demo, Detoxification & Yoga
You will leave the next 5 day training feeling confident in the following:
1. Deeper understanding of various definitions of the word “Yoga”
2. Significance of Sun and authentic sun salutation sequence
3. Individual Yoga Postures in Sun Salutation
4. Concept of energy centers and energy pathways
5. Yoga practices to balance and activate energy centers (Chakram) in the body
6. The science behind Prana (life force) and Praanaayaama (control of life force)
7. Deeper understanding and practice of meditation & guided meditation
8. Detailed study and application in life of 16 eternal values
9. Use of Japa Maalaa (chanting beads)
10. How food in general and specific items impact mind-body Wellness
11. Yoga practices for digestion & Detoxification
12. 7 Steps of Conscious Eating
13. Creating Individual Conscious Eating Plan
14. How to prepare at least 8 nutritious food items with recipes
Day 11 – Monday, August 15
Focus Areas: Why Samskritam (Sanskrit), Sounds of Samskritam (Sanskrit), Asthma & Yoga, 5 Sheaths of existence
Day 12 – Tuesday, August 16
Focus Areas: Sounds of Samskritam (Sanskrit), Posture names in Samskritam, Pain management & Yoga, Karma Yoga
Day 13 – Wednesday, August 17
Focus Areas: Yoga of Dance, Spiritual Terms in Samskritam, Focus & Yoga
Day 14 – Thursday, August 18
Focus Areas: Coping with Loss & Yoga, Science of Happiness, Breath is life
Day 15 – Friday, August 19
Focus Areas: Recap of Yoga Exercises & Poses, Recap of Yoga Fundamentals, Recap of Breath is Life, Recap of Samskritam
You will leave the next 5 day training having a deeper understanding of Sounds, posture names & terms in Samskritam, science of happiness, Karma Yoga, postures, and feeling confident in the following:
- The need to study Samskritam and dangers of mispronunciation
- How to produce correct sounds in Samskritam
- The 5 sheaths of human existence
- How to CORRECTLY pronounce the various posture names in Samskritam
- How to CORRECTLY pronounce the various spiritual terms in Samskritam
- Practice of Karma Yoga (Yoga of Action)
- Yoga of dance (based on Indian classical dance)
- Science behind that thing called happiness
- Breathing practices to harmonize body and mind
- Yoga practices to manage and get rid of Ashtma, manage pain and cope with loss
AUTHENTIC YOGA TEACHER TRAINING (Sky) –
As water to the creek, stream and river comes from the sky
Sat, August 20– Tue, August 23
Time 9 AM – 6 PM
Day 16 – Saturday, August 20
Focus Areas: Understanding Student Learning process, Stress & Yoga, Negative Karma in Yoga Practice & Teaching, Yoga teaching as responsibility and Service, Teaching by Trainees
Day 17 – Sunday, August 21
Focus Areas: Depression & Yoga, Prioritization & Time management, Qualities of a Yoga Teacher / Yogi / Yogini, Code of conduct for Yoga teachers, Teaching by Trainees
Day 18 – Monday, August 22
Focus Areas: Guide, Assist & Correct, Posture practice, Q & A
Day 19 – Tuesday, August 23
Focus Areas: Exams, Feedback, Sharing, Closing circle
You will leave the last 4 days of Authentic Yoga Teacher Training program having a deeper understanding of Negative Karma, Qualities of a Yoga Teacher, guiding, assisting, and feeling confident in the following:
- Understanding how a student actually learns
- How one can incur negative Karma in Yoga Practice & Teaching
- How Yoga teaching is both a responsibility and Service
- Qualities to be associated with a Yoga Teacher
- How a Yoga teacher should interact with students
- How to teach a student any Yoga practice
In all, you will leave the Authentic Yoga Teacher Training program ready to be an authentic Yoga teacher, who has a solid understanding of this ancient science, and who knows how to impart Yoga as a science of life, NOT as exercises or postures.
- This bonus fulfills the principle of the 3Cs - Content, Community, and Coaching.
- The Yoga Teacher Training gives you the transformational content.
- Facebook is the community building place for you.
- Here you create Sat-Sangha with other Yoga teacher training participants
- You post your challenges, concerns and questions, not only about this training, but about your life in general. The community will share their thoughts and ideas.
- The public cannot see your contents. Only those in this training can see it.
- You post your successes and the community will celebrate with you.
- Shanthi will look at the questions and answer them as appropriate.
- DO NOT underestimate the power of this community, especially when they are in a similar path as yours.
- Of the 3 Cs, this is where the 3rd C happens - Coaching.
- Even though this training is as detailed as it possibly can, as you begin teaching, you will have questions based on your experience. Shanthi will answer you during the call.
- After the training is complete, you will be notified of the call details. You can listen to the call through computer or phone.
- If you cannot attend the call live, you can send your question ahead of time, and Shanthi will be sure to answer them on the call and send you the recording.
- Through the 3 Cs, you are supported in every way possible for a successful teaching practice.
- During the coaching call, the line will be opened for you to ask your questions live. You can also type in your questions during the call. The call will go on until every question is answered.